That doesn’t mean you can’t make your current room look a lot better. Here are some simple, low-cost decorating tips that will accomplish just that.
- Put a covering over your worn sofa or chair. A simple throw blanket placed at an angle can make a dramatic difference.
- Plants, real or artificial, make just about any room look better. Just don’t overdo it.
- Don’t try to hide problem areas. Instead, accent them. For example, if the window sill is worn and aged, place a couple of antique-looking ornaments on it!
- Re-do the walls. Move pictures around. Consider adding other wall decor, such as plates and mini-shelves.
- Place your favourite hard-cover books around the room. Add illustrated books in the living room and cookbooks in the kitchen or dining room.
- Lamps, especially interesting looking ones, can go a long way toward enhancing a room.
Don’t be afraid to experiment. Be daring. Sometimes just moving a picture or a piece of furniture can make all the difference.